This blog is to display my journey through a year of foundation art & design. I'm currently doing the foundation degree at Chesterfield College and these posts all show my exploration, research, ideas and more.

Explore

My photo
I'm Toni. I'm 18. Art Student.

Saturday 6 October 2012

Week 2 3D DESIGN


The first day of 3D we did observational drawings of random objects that we were not particularly familiar with. I picked this cog object. I thought it would be a challenge, with the several ellipses, the diagonally shaped ridges, the other grooves etc and that drawing it from different angles are just as challenging. I first began drawing the entire object all at once, trying to get it perfect straight away (Drawing in the top right corner) I soon realised this was a lot more challenging than I first thought and I wasn't going about it in the right way. I then began to break the object down a bit. Focus primarily on a certain sections and then try and piece it together once I was familier on how to draw each part. Such as the close ups on the ridges themselves, I was working out how they were shaped individually and how I could make it easier to draw the several ridges instead of drawing them all individually and not being as accurate. (The bottom middle drawing is an example of how I did this). 



No comments:

Post a Comment