This blog is to display my journey through a year of foundation art & design. I'm currently doing the foundation degree at Chesterfield College and these posts all show my exploration, research, ideas and more.

Explore

My photo
I'm Toni. I'm 18. Art Student.

Sunday 14 October 2012

Graphics

Kris Sowersby

Kris Sowersby graduated from the Wanganui School of Design in 2003. After brief employment as a graphic designer he started the Klim Type Foundry in 2005, currently based in Wellington, New Zealand. His first retailed font was called "Feijoa"  


When looking at his list of typeface this is actually the one that caught my eye the most. I'm not even that sure why. I really like how it's Serif yet kind of rounded too. It looks quite elegant but not too formal. 




New Zealand is a young country and hasn’t had the time, or resources to develop a typeface culture. I am free to draw upon multiple influences. I haven’t been taught or exposed to any one particular typographic heritage, so my hand isn’t biased.







These below are logotypes by Kris Sowerby. I really like these, each of them are very different from another and all eye-catching and also in my opinion very modern looking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment