This blog is to display my journey through a year of foundation art & design. I'm currently doing the foundation degree at Chesterfield College and these posts all show my exploration, research, ideas and more.

Explore

My photo
I'm Toni. I'm 18. Art Student.

Sunday 14 October 2012

Graphics

Noma Bar

Noma Bar is an Israeli graphics designer. Bar has illustrated over sixty magazine covers. I was particularly interested in Noma Bar because many of his works is vector art which I really have a love of.
This year he was commissioned to create eight limited-edition covers for Wallpaper magazine. 



I think these are really cleverly done. Each one is subtly iconic for each country and encorporates actual products from each country. Such as the french one Jean Nouvel's chairs are turned into eyes. "My images should not be immediately obvious to my readers," says Bar. "Most of them will require a second reading, or take a minute to interpret."

I think this is very very true but actually makes his pieces so interesting and very engaging. 

Some of his other illustrations that I really liked are these below. I just love how clever they are. The first one where the angels smile is the devils horns and the second one how the wolfs nose and mouth is little red riding hood. They're both great. Very clever, humorous as well and also very simple looking yet extremely effective. I love everything about both designs from the simple use of the colours to the vector design style. 



No comments:

Post a Comment