This blog is to display my journey through a year of foundation art & design. I'm currently doing the foundation degree at Chesterfield College and these posts all show my exploration, research, ideas and more.

Explore

My photo
I'm Toni. I'm 18. Art Student.

Sunday 21 October 2012

Illustration

Ian Kim

Ian Kim is another artist found from Illustration Now. He is a californian illustrator who does illustrations, comics, paintings and motion design. I really like the line work in his illustrations. On his website he has a variety of different kinds of work. He even has some life drawings put on there, which just shows he's a great observational drawer, and you can see this also through his characters.


I just think his illustrations a really nice, crisp and clean. I love the sky backgrounds on these two. Theres a real kind of realistic look to his drawings too in a way, which I also quite like.

I love this quirky red carpet illustration. The colours are really nice and strong, and even though they are digitally coloured (I presume) you can still see drawing-like lines which is quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment