This blog is to display my journey through a year of foundation art & design. I'm currently doing the foundation degree at Chesterfield College and these posts all show my exploration, research, ideas and more.

Explore

My photo
I'm Toni. I'm 18. Art Student.

Sunday 21 October 2012

Illustration

Dima Rebus

Dima Rebus is a watercolour illustrator that I found from thisiscolossal.com. His painting style and technique is really nice and each painting I've looked at of his i've just loved. But also his concepts, something is really captured in each his illustrations.
Such as this one below, it's really mysterious. Not only because it's obviously headless but the painting style,how the blending looks almost like smoke, it's quite dark and eery. 


This one below is called 'Money' and I think this is my favourite one by him. I love the colours used, it really just gives that coldness and again eeriness. It's quite unsettling. I really like on this one how the figures aren't fully painted and how the paint bleeds out into the background is really nice. It makes it look really foggy and adds to that coldness. The characters themselves are great too, they look really thuggish with the dark clothing, hats, bandages and serious expressions. As well as the ravens.


This fox one is another lovely one by him. It's great to compare this one and the one above. How the colours are a lot warmer. With the nice strong orange and redy tones and the cream background. I like how they are ganged together, curled round each other, protective of one another. How some of them are starting out sharply, others are yawning and others sleeping. It really captures the characteristics well.





No comments:

Post a Comment