This blog is to display my journey through a year of foundation art & design. I'm currently doing the foundation degree at Chesterfield College and these posts all show my exploration, research, ideas and more.

Explore

My photo
I'm Toni. I'm 18. Art Student.

Sunday 18 November 2012

Pick & Mix Project.

When thinking about locks, the idea of love padlocks came to my mind. I think it's from the severely cheesey and cliched saying of "Your the key to my heart". That made me think of it. 
When I went to Paris earlier on this year I found out about love padlocks. As the bridge close to the Notre Dame is covered in them. 
Lovers write their names on the locks, hook to the bridge, and throw the key in the Seine. There are currently over 2,000 locks on the Pont de l'ArchevĂȘchĂ©.
I thought this idea (As cheesey as some might think it is) Was quite cute. 

Heres some pictures of lock bridges (Not my photos):








No comments:

Post a Comment