This blog is to display my journey through a year of foundation art & design. I'm currently doing the foundation degree at Chesterfield College and these posts all show my exploration, research, ideas and more.

Explore

My photo
I'm Toni. I'm 18. Art Student.

Monday 22 October 2012

Week 7 PHOTOGRAPHY

Photography Week 6.

We started the week using a film camera (Pentax K1000) which we used the studio to take portrait photos of each other using external flash. Whilst we were taking portrait photos of someone else the other members of our group were asking questions to try and get a reaction and capture it with the camera. It was great to be able to get practical straight away and start using the equipment. After taking the photos we learnt how to develop our photos in the dark room. 
We also had a go at photograms. Using random objects such as glass pattern bowls, lace, bottles, light bulbs ect. on photo paper and exposing it to light. We then used the developing liquids to develop them and see what interesting shapes we had created. 

(Photos to come) 

When looking at photograms we were also introduced to cyanotypes. I found these particularly interesting and thought they looked really lovely. 


I popped this link in for my own reference but also if anyone else was interested in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment