This blog is to display my journey through a year of foundation art & design. I'm currently doing the foundation degree at Chesterfield College and these posts all show my exploration, research, ideas and more.

Explore

My photo
I'm Toni. I'm 18. Art Student.

Saturday 6 October 2012

3D Design - Lamps



LAMP SHADES


This is our first idea. Each layer is made from a cardboard circle and partially cut into 1/8 and folded back to create the flicky looking petal like shapes. Using repetition for this really was effective. The idea was simple, yet repeated made it a bit more complex. Attaching each layer with "paper thread". We made each layer smaller each time to create this tunnel like effect and also makes it look quite chandelier like, which I really like. I think it sort of has the look of a chinese lantern or something. Some problems that occurred along the way was issues with where to place each thread, as you can see the lamp sort of leans to the left because the thread wasn't aligned as well as it could have been. 





No comments:

Post a Comment